USB Keyboard and Joystick Adapter for TRS-80
Currently Out of Stock
Please use the contact page to be added to my waiting list.
I will provide you with an estimated re-supply date.
Buy NEWKEY/80 for $60 + $6.50 s/h (USA)
NOTE: Please use the contact page for international rates
Why NEWKEY/80 ?
- Replace your broken or poorly functioning keyboard
- More familiar PC keyboard layout
- Play games using an Atari Joystick!
- Accurate key response with no ghosting or keybounce
- Multi-key shortcuts for DOS functions (DFG, JKL, etc.)
- Multi-key mode for advanced key handling
- Use your favorite USB keyboard (wired or wireless) on your TRS-80
- Compatible with most standard USB keyboards
- Also works with wireless 2.4Ghz USB keyboards
- Atari‑compatible 9‑pin joystick port
- Compact size. Mounts inside TRS80 case.
- Can work simultaneously with existing keyboard
- Fast and accurate key response without keybounce or ghost characters
- Native TRS-80 key repeat
- Handles special keys independently (arrows, space, control, break, shift, @) for excellent
- Works great with games and applications
- Supports TRS80 control and multi-key sequences
- Easily upgradable firmware to allow for enhancements and bug fixes
- NEWKEY/80 mounts inside the TRS80 case. This is a fairly easy process but does require +5v and
ground connections. A 4-pin Molex Disk Drive
power splitter cable and a plain 2‑wire power connector are included.
- Wireless keyboards need to be the "no drivers required" 2.4Ghz type
- A USB keyboard extension cable (not included) can be used to route the keyboard connector outside of
the TRS80 case (not needed when using a wireless keyboard).
- A common 9-pin D-Sub or Atari joystick extension cable (not included) can be used in a similar
fashion to route the joystick connector outside of the TRS80 case.